# 50 C7.R 002 Team Larbre is 3rd in LMGTE Am at the Nurburgring
Larbre Competition clinched 3 rd place in the LMGTE Am class of the 2016 FIA World Endurance Championship at the 6 Hours of Nurburgring (22-24 July).
It was the season’s 3rd podium finish for returning driver Paolo Ruberti, (replaced Phiippe Belloc) and drivers Pierre Ragues and Yutaka Yamagishi.
Starting driver Ruberti, (sidelined at Le Mans) was second fastest in both Friday practice sessions but played it safe on Saturday in the wet and settled for 5th on the grid.
In a twist of racing fate, the team finished 4th giving up 2 min having pitted under green just before a yellow; but was later awarded 3rd as second-place car DISQ for illegal ride height.
Per Jack Leconte, Team Manager, “With three podiums out of four races, Larbre Competition delivered a solid start in the FIA World Endurance Championship”.
1. Aston Martin Racing/Aston Martin V8 Vantage/Dalla Lana-Lamy-Lauda: 166 laps
2. AF Corse/Ferrari F458 Italia/Perrodo-Collard-Aguas: 1min 02.201sec
3. Larbre Competition/Corvette C7.R/Ruberti-Ragues-Yamagishi: 1 lap
4. Abu Dhabi-Proton Racing/Porsche 911 RSR/Al Qubaisi-Heinemeier Hansson-Long: 2 laps
5. Gulf Racing/Porsche 911 RSR/Wainwright-Carroll-Barker: 2 lapsFIA World Endurance Championship – LMGTE Am class (après round 4/9):
1. AF Corse/Ferrari F458 Italia: 111 pts
2. Aston Martin Racing/Aston Martin V8 Vantage: 70 pts
3. Larbre Competition/Corvette C7.R: 69 pts
4. Abu Dhabi-Proton Racing/Porsche 911 RSR: 68 pts
5. Gulf Racing/Porsche 911 RSR: 50 pts
6. KCMG/Porsche 911 RSR: 44 pts
Larbre Competition races Sept 1-3 at the 6 Hours of Mexico City, a new addition to the FIA WEC schedule.