Unlucky break. Disappointing outcome. Chance ruined for repeat win by full course yellow at 3 hour mark to repair a bollard
3 hours into the WEC 6 Hours of Bahrain the LMGT Am # 50 Corvette relinquished its lead, stopping for fuel just shy of an unexpected full course yellow. The ill-timed stop gave the competition their chance to re-fuel under caution costing the Corvette 5 positions and 1 min-50 seconds it could not make up when racing resumed.
Starting P2, Paulo Ruberti jumped to the lead which the team held to the 3 hour mark.
Except for the dreadful full course yellow, the car ran flawlessly.
The team welcomed reigning LMGTE Am champion Kristian Poulsen back to the #50 Corvette line-up in Bahrain alongside Ruberti and Gianluca Roda.
The Larbre team lost out for another win like last year at the final FIA World Endurance Championship race of the season.
Larbre Competition and the entire FIA WEC paid tribute to the victims of the Nov 13 Paris attacks.
FIA World Endurance Championship – LMGTE Am classification:
1. SMP Racing / Ferrari F458 Italia: 165 pts
2. AF Corse / Ferrari F458 Italia: 148 pts
4. Aston Martin Racing / Aston Martin V8 Vantage: 144 pts
3. Dempsey Racing - Proton / Porsche 911 RSR: 131 pts
5. Abu Dhabi-Proton Racing / Porsche 911 RSR: 82 pts
6. Aston Martin Racing / Aston Martin V8 Vantage: 54 pts
7. Larbre Compétition / Corvette C7.R: 52 pts